Thursday, October 22, 2009

Eco-Lavish Fashion Show Re-Cap

photo by Youa KongOn October 9th, The much anticipated Eco-Lavish fashion show was held in the hip neighborhood, Georgetown at The Engine Room. Sadly, I missed the pre-party of networking, shopping and goodie bags. However we managed to squeeze plenty of that in after the show!

First up on the runway was Six Degrees with Think Now Jewelry, then Deco Modiste with Flutter Budget Jewelry, then Texture Clothing with Otra Vez Jewelry and the finale designer was Lizzie Parker with Rockstar Jewelry.

There were so many things I wanted from that show - it makes me thankful they weren't all setup selling their clothing or I would have bankrupt myself. So many cute dresses, skirts, tops, jewelry... Oh my! (My UFN associate, Youa, took some amazing photos, check them out here!)

After the show it quickly turned into a fabulous networking opportunity - I chatted with designers, fashion bloggers, models and more. The evening continued to be a really wonderful time of making new friends and meeting some people face-to-face for the first time. Rather than writing this like a dear diary entry just know that there are some amazing designers and bloggers in this city and I am so happy to have met them and look forward to spending more time getting to know them all. Thanks Courtney for putting on such an amazing show and bringing everyone together!

No comments: